Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Has it FINALLY happened??

Where do I start? Kevin and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and have been trying to get pregnant for the last year. It's been such a struggle for us and we just couldn't figure out why. I had MANY tests done and I was fine except for my ovulation. My origianl doctor, whom I've seen since I started going, wouldn't budge on giving me any fertility meds so I went to see a new doctor in the same practice. He was wonderful............and coincidentally, he's my Mom's doctor as well. He saw there was an issue and prescribed me clomid at my first appointment. Problem was, I was in one of my long, almost 3 month cycles and had to wait 1 1/2 months before I could start it.

In the meantime, Kevin was directed to get some testing done. He decided he wanted to wait until we tried our first round of clomid and if it didn't work, then he'd go to see what was up. We waited and waited and finally I got the start of my cycle. I can't tell you how happy/excited/scared I was to start it. I was just thinking, should I tell people we got it or keep it a surprise in case it works. Everybody found out and that was fine with me.

I started the clomid on April 24th and used my ovulation monitor in conjunction with it just to see if the meds were working. Well it said they were so we just hoped for the best. Over the course of the last 2 weeks I have been feeling pretty weird and I had a temperature when I went to the doctor last week. I wasn't sick, no infections! My boobs have been sore, my back was hurting bad and yesterday my tummy started hurting. I was just waiting for my fertility monitor to tell my cycle was coming and then I was going to test.

Well I woke up this morning and turned on my monitor and there it was, the symbol that said my cycle was coming. So I decided to test for the heck of it. Within a minute, I got a PREGNANT reading. I didn't know what to do. I was up early, it was about 6am, Kevin was still sleeping. I didn't know if I should tell him before I went to the doctor, if I should wait to tell him. I just sat by myself for about 15 minutes and when I heard the alarm go off, I ran in the bedroom and woke Kevin up and said, 'Good morning, daddy to be!'. He just pulled me down by him and hugged for what seemed like forever. He kept saying, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah'.

We are both so overwhelmed right now! When you're so used to throwing away pregnancy test after pregnancy test, you start to expect to have to do that. Not this time!! I am going to the doctor to confirm today but I really feel I am and there's no changing that great news!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy To Be

No comments: