Wednesday, July 15, 2009

3 month Doctor's Appointment

Today was one of the best doctor's appointments so far........for me anyway! It has been so awesome these last 2 months to see them and hear their heartbeats and most of all, see how much they develop from one appointment to the next.

All I was excited for today was to see a 'baby' formation. Little did I know I was going to get much more than that. I layed down and looked at the screen and of course, was happy to see my two little peanuts. The sonographer said they were sleeping. I was like 'ok'. She did her thing and measured them and checked the heartbeats. Updates are:

Twin A - HB 170 and measuring just over 2 inches
Twin B - HB 171 and measuring just over 2 inches

They are both growing almost exactly the same which they said is what we want. They don't want one to grow fast than the other. So that was pretty good news.

I was still lying there just having fun seeing them and the sonographer asked me to cough. I was like 'ooookay'. So I did and all of a sudden Twin B decided to start moving. It was the most amazing thing to see probably because I really wasn't expecting it. He/She was facing the screen and rolled over to the other side kicking me in the process. Then she went to Twin A who just didn't want to wake up. After laughing about it, he/she started bobbing their head.

Seeing them actually move just put me in awe. Things are starting to become more real as the days, weeks and months go on. Pretty soon, they will be here and this will all just be in the past and there will be new things I will be in awe about. But for now, I'm so happy with the progress and happy my little angels are growing great!

Here are some pictures from today's appointment as well as my first 'belly' picture:



Here is Twin A chillin' on his/her back almost sucking their thumb



Another picture of Twin A's face



Twin B (aka 'the active one') didn't want his/her picture taken.....the two pictures I got of twin B were pretty much identical. You can see his/her hands up on the side of their face and then a little bit of the squished up legs



I know I look so thrilled in this picture........this was about 10 1/2 weeks!

My next scheduled appointment is for August 12 and that is just to measure me and hear the heartbeats. Then I also scheduled the fun anatomy ultrasound for September 8 so we can find out what we're having. Kevin and I are both very excited for that appointment! I will continue to keep this updated as much as possible so check back often!

Love,
Holly

No comments: