Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No more pains, please!!

Yesterday I called the doctor because starting Sunday night I was having some low abdominal pain on and off. On Monday it continued like that all day and yesterday it was just constant. It was starting to bother me for the fact that the pain wasn't getting worse but it wasn't on and off like it was the two previous days.

I asked the nurse what she thought it could be if maybe it was stretching or any type of moving of my uterus and she said it's too early for that......which I later did find out when I saw the doctor that it COULD be that! I think the nurses need to be more educated!

Anyways, they said I should just have an exam to rule out a possible UTI since that's the kind of pain it felt like. I went in and answered a bazillion questions. I was told I didn't have an infection or blood in my urine so that was good. But then what was causing my pains was my question. To make sure the babies were doing good I got to hear their heartbeats!!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SOUND! I didn't cry like I thought I might. I was just more in shock. It was so weird. I was scared at first just hearing some swooshing sounds and no heartbeat but then she finally found both of them and I was immediately put at ease..........not for long since I was still having these pains.

She took a look inside and said my cervix was closed, I had no dialation, no irritation and no blood. Hmmmmm, I guess I stumped her because I asked why I was having this if she can't find anything. She said she ruled out everything it could be. The babies are good, I'm fine so she said to call if the pain worsens otherwise.......duh duh duh duhhhhhh........it could be just stretching or moving of my parts into place so it could be completely normal.

I had no other choice but to accept that and move on my way...........last night was alright. My tummy still hurt and I had a hard time falling asleep but I finally did. So far this morning I'm feeling pretty good. I have some achiness in my lower abdomen and I'm hoping it doesn't get like how it was yesterday. I pray that it was just some stretching or moving and now I can feel better after the last 2 1/2 days of it.

My doctor still wants me to keep my appointment for July 15th. Kevin will be with me at that appointment and we'll be able to hear the heartbeats again. They'll do some other things like measure me and weigh me but other than that, it will be a pretty quick appointment.

I will update more then..........unless other fun stuff happens! :)

Love,
Holly

No comments: