Thursday, December 23, 2010

More babies, you say?

After weeks of numerous discussions, my husband and I may have finally come to a conclusion on when to expand our family even more. Before I get to what our conclusion is, I really want to ask a few questions to the other multiple Mom's out there to get some necessary feedback before I keep our conclusion in place!

1) If you have multiples and another baby(ies), how far apart are they in age and do think that age gap is too big or too little??

Both my husband's siblings and me and my brother are 4 years apart and I think that may be too far of an age gap.

2) If you had a hard time getting pregnant with your multiples, was it easier or harder the second time around?

This is one of my fears that it will take a while again to finally get pregnant.

3) If you had a singleton the second time around, was the baby easier or harder to take care of than your multiples?

I have to admit, we are secretly hoping for another set of multiples. With 3 sets on my Mom's side of the family and 1 set on my husband's (not really a factor) and already having 1 set, I'm more likely to have another. Just wondering if we'd only have 1 baby, if it was easier or harder.

We have come to a conclusion to try after the boys turn 2 which is in a year. Basically sometime in 2012 (since the twins birthday is Dec. 31st and practically the new year anyway). I'm really hoping it doesn't take us over a year again because I want the children to be close in age but not TOO close.

Any feedback would be appreciated..............thanks multiple mommies!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I have talked to mommies with twins plus one and they said three was a great age to have their singleton (as in it was born when twins were three). Also that one baby is a cakewalk compared to twins. I want a singleton. I had to do iui with injections for my twins and my dh would never agree to that again. IT might happen naturally i am counting on that. I really want to see what a singleton is like spoil one baby at a time.

The Harrison's said...

My twins were only 18 months when my surprise singelton was born. Great age difference though because they weren't old enough to be jealous. They were still taking naps and entertaining each other. We actually had the singleton with no fertility treatments (unlike the twins). Wasn't planned but a welcomed surprise. And 1 baby is so so so much easier. I was actually able to enjoy him as opposed to be in survival mode.....lol