Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First Family Vacation

We took our first family vacation to Wisconsin Dells last weekend. My husband and I were so worried how the kids would do. We've tried to put them down for naps at our families houses when we were over for holidays and even tried to spend the night at my parents house for Christmas last year with no success. I guess since they are home all day and don't leave the house for daycare, they are spoiled at being so comfortable being home but it causes issues when we want to go somewhere.

Needless to say, Friday night wasn't so great. They woke up about 5 or 6 times and Jaxson wouldn't go back to bed in the pack and play and ended up sleeping with my hubby on the bed which was a surprise. Saturday night was better, they only woke up about 2 or 3 times so maybe they just needed to get used to being away from home. Jaxson again, slept with my hubby in bed though. I was scared when we got home on Sunday that he wouldn't sleep in his bed but he did.

I think part of all the waking up was not being in their own beds but also the crazy teeth that are coming in one after another, after another. My poor babies have been teething for about 2 weeks straight now. Finally it seems as though it's coming to an end for now. Just until they start popping more teeth through anyways!

The hotel had indoor waterparks...........three to be exact. We went to two of them with the boys and they didn't want ANYTHING to do with them. That made me sad because I did really want to swim and have fun with them. I guess they were too intimated or scared of how big it all was. They DID play in the huge 3 level play area with all the balls. They were loving that!

All in all, it was a good weekend, a good first family vacation and my hubby had a good birthday away from home! Here are some pictures from this weekend:


Climbing in drawers our first night there


Sweet Jaxson


Jayce cuddling by Grandma


The boys putting on the twins shoes to go to dinner


The only time they played..........Jaxson in the mirror maze


Jayce playing in the ball area


Grabbing balls!


"I got a blue one, daddy"


Climbing higher with Daddy


Jaxson and Daddy


No comments: