Monday, June 29, 2009

10 Weeks Today!!

Today marks 10 weeks.......it's seems like so much longer with all the nausea I've been going through! I still have the nausea but not as much as I used to. It's on and off these days and it seems to be turning into more tummy aches which I'm told are stretching aches of my ever expanding uterus.

Every Monday as we start a new week, Kevin and I sit down and read the in's and out's of what's going on with the babies and me for that particular week. This week we learned that our babies are roughly the size of a garden beetle. Hmmm, what a comparison! (LOL) We also learned that this week they are developing their genitals (which Kevin hopes is one of each and I hope it's two of one or two of the other)! We've been reading our book weekly since about week 8 and it's a great way for us to both be up to date with our babies' developments.

It's now been a month and half since we first found out we were pregnant and the shock of the pregnancy (and the twins) has finally settled in. Now it's turned to more nervous-ness of wondering if they are still growing at the rate they should be. All we hope for is that they are healthy and safe! I'm sure at this stage in the game, most women have the same fears I do but I'm trying my best to stay positive and think optimistic.

I have been asked for some pictures now that I'm starting to get the infamous 'baby bump'. I promise I will take some soon before our next post. We are both looking forward to our next appointment on July 15th and day in and day out, that's all that helps us get through our day. I think I speak for Kevin and I when I say that we can't wait to hear our babies' heartbeats for the first time. I know it'll be even more amazing than just seeing them on a screen.

Until our next appointment, I ask that everyone please pray for the babies that they continue to grow and develop as they should. That's all that we are focused on right now and I think once we get past our next appointment into the second trimester, things will hopefully get a little easier and a little less stressful......at least until we get to 'crunch time'.

Love,
Holly

No comments: