Friday, June 5, 2009

It looks like baby makes 4!!!!

Things have been going good since my last post. I’ve had a few aches here, a few aches there but nothing that REALLY alarmed me. Last night I started have a little bit of spotting which prompted me to call the doctor first thing this morning. The nurse called me back and said that it didn’t sound too serious since I wasn’t having any cramping at all but with the weekend coming, they wanted to go ahead and check me just in case.

I went in at 9:30am this morning and they did a quick ultrasound before I was going to have my exam with the doctor. I lie down, look at the screen and see some black circles. Me being a first time Mom had no clue what they were. The nurse did her zooming tricks and said to me, ‘Well, I got some news for you’. I hesitated for a minute thinking the worst and said, ‘What’s that’? She told me I was having twins! I said, ‘Are you joking’ and she said she doesn’t joke.



I was in complete and utter shock!!!!

I just didn’t know what to say. I went from the ultrasound to have my blood drawn and then I was on my way. When I got to the car I called Kevin and then my Mom. Both of them were very happy. I only took one round of clomid at 50mg and hoped that it would help us conceive but never thought that would alone give us the blessing of two children.

So now we have two tiny babies on the way! The heartbeats are good. One was at 115 and the other was at 126. They are right on track with growth so that is all great news. I’m feeling just fine still. I still have some of my backaches from earlier this week but other than that, I’m doing great! I still have my next appointment on June 17th and as far as I know, they are going to do another ultrasound then because Kevin wasn’t able to be with me today.

I will give everybody more updates after our appointment!

Love,
Holly

No comments: