Thursday, August 13, 2009

4 months going strong

We all made it to 4 months!!!! The babies had their check up yesterday to measure and listen to the heartbeats. My parents were kind enough to accompany me since Kevin could not make it to this appointment. Here are the updates:

Twin A – 156bpm
Twin B – 160bpm

They are still very close in range so that is good. The rates have come down a little bit since my 3-month visit and the doctor said that is all normal because they are growing bigger and their little hearts don’t need to beat as fast. She said as long as they are 120 or above, that is good.

I have also finally gained some weight for the babies, which I’m thinking, is mainly all the extra blood and fluid. I am now up 9 pounds for these first 4 months. I should gain anywhere from 35 to 45 pounds throughout this pregnancy.

My due date is still January 25, 2010. If I make it past the new year, they will induce twins at 38 weeks, which would be January 12. Hopefully these little peanuts can hold out long enough to be big, strong and healthy.

Here is my updated picture of my ever growing belly:



This was taken at 14 weeks! What a change from just a month before.

Our next appointment is the big anatomy ultrasound where we can hopefully find out the sex of these babies! We have been counting down the days. That appointment is set for September 4 so we will surely update everyone more then!

Until next time.....

Love,
Holly

No comments: