Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In honor of Valentine's Day

Our Love Story 

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
9 Years

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met at work. I was already working there for 2 or 3 years. I started when I was in high school at 16 because my Mom got me a job there. Coincidentally, HIS Mom worked there as well so I knew his Mom before I knew him. (weird, I know)

When he finally started working there, my Mom was the one who was training him. In the years prior that I have worked with my Mom, I never really talked to her at work but when I knew she was training K, I was over there ALL the time......'Mom, what are you having for lunch?............OH HI K!'............lol

He had a girlfriend and I had JUST gotten a new boyfriend who was easy to lose since we just started dating. After a few months, we were an item and the rest is history.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We were just married for 5 years in September

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married?
We were living in Louisiana when we got engaged (moved there for K's job, the one we met at but I quit). We planned on getting married there but when hurricane Katrina and Rita flew through in 2005, we moved back and got married in WI.

It was a medium sized wedding. About 150 people.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
I used to call K 'lovebug' and I was 'kitkat'. After almost a decade together, you kind of stop all the cutesy stuff

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is as faithful as they come
He is the best father to our children
He is funny and smart and driven

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Well, I kind of knew it was coming but not sure exactly when so it wasn't AS much of a surprise as I'd hoped. I was with him the morning he bought the ring and didn't think he'd do it soon after he bought it.

One afternoon he asked about going to drive around the lakes by LSU campus. We did, parked and took a walk. As we were getting back to the car, he was behind me and I turned around and he was, well, half down on one knee and said some mushy stuff and then asked me.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither unless I drop hints like mad. K thinks it's just a Hallmark holiday and doesn't really like to give in to all that. He's not very romantic but once in a while he'll do a grand gesture, usually for our anniversary or something like that. It's hard for him to plan though because I hate being surprised and if I know he's planning something, I'll do what I can to find out what it is.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Pop in a movie and relax on the couch. Since K isn't as romantic as I'd like, I doubt we'd ever do a sunset dinner. Maybe if he's reading this, one day I'll be surprised with that but for now, a movie on the couch is fine with me.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
I'd love to go back to Jamaica where we honeymooned and I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Australia to the great barrier reef.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We won't do anything on the actually day (today is Tuesday). We did go out last Friday night which was kind of like our celebration for it.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I got flowers and some chocolate covered strawberries and the best card ever!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communicate! If you want something, you can't expect the other person to read your mind and vice versa. You have to sometimes just say what you want. Ask and you shall receive!
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Our 'growing' family

No comments: