Sunday, February 5, 2012

Never say never

I always said I would never be THAT soccer mom who drives around in a minivan carting her kids to practice and movies and dances but alas, yesterday, I am now THAT mom.

After looking for almost a year for a car (yes, you read right, a year) and not finding the right SUV with enough cargo space for a humungo double stroller +1 that was in our price range, I have resorted to the only option left.......A V-A-N!

I have to admit, I kind of like it. It's a 2011 Kia Sedona. When I'm in it, I don't even feel like I'm in a van. We couldn't afford a spruced up model like we wanted. I mean, with another baby on the way and needing to move to a 3 bedroom as it is, we needed to be sensible with our money. We got just a mid model that has the awesome back up indicator, power windows, doors, etc. Most all the 'power' stuff and cd player is standard these days. We do have bluetooth, satellite radio, an i-pod usb port (which is one of the BEST things to me since I always listen to my i-pod in the car) and the option for sirius radio.

It's only be a mere 24 hours since owning the beauty and I already can't wait for my husband to wake up so we can go out on the town with it doing 'parent' type stuff.




So there you have it, I finally broke down and got a van. Since I'm pretty sure after this chicken nugget that we are done having kids, once I don't need ALL the room anymore, I WILL be getting my SUV with 3rd row seat, navigation and all those other perks!

No comments: