Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where my followers at?

When I started this blog, I started it for family to keep up with my 1st pregnancy that live out of state. I never thought I'd WANT some stranger reading about my life with kids let alone see disgusting pictures of me (okay some maybe not so disgusting) until now. I have started to follow many blogs that I enjoy keeping up a 'virtual' relationship with and I look at my whopping 11 followers and wonder, 'what am I doing wrong?'. Am I talking about my kids too much? Blogging about our boring excursions? Maybe I need to step it up?

Let me just put myself out there..........I have 3 kids. TWO 2 1/2 year olds and a 2 month old. I stay in my pajamas most days and I'm lucky if I get to take a shower 2 or 3 times a week. And don't even ask if I leave the house (you're joking, right?)! If I do leave, it's to go to the park where I usually throw on 'mommy jeans' and put my hair in a ponytail. I look like crap but at least my kids look super cute. Isn't that the way it always is?

Here is what I look like right now:



Yup, no joke. I literally just got up, took a picture of myself and uploaded it! Don't you just LOVE my pajamas? (They are Victoria's Secret from 2 or 3 years ago in case you're wondering) I guess I have a thing for polka dots! Back to my post............I really was am fashionable. I read blogs like Chasing Twins  and think, why can't I be like Amanda EVERYDAY? Well, for 1, I work a full time AND part time job (at least for a little while longer) and the boys just DO.NOT.LISTEN these days. Ever since Kamdyn made her arrival, they flipped and do not listen what-so-ever. Ahhhh, terrible 2's. At least they are finally sleeping in their toddler beds (after much persuasion from my mom and hubby to switch to them from their cribs).


I do like to go out with the boys but WITH my husband or another adult to help round up these kids. When I do venture out myself, I have one kid going one way, the other one going the opposite way and a baby crying. That's when I want to break down and I think 'why did I have kids?'. But then you get those moments where they cuddle with you before bed and you have the baby sleeping on your chest and you think 'these are the moments I had kids for'. The moments where you are so in love with the life you made that you forget about all the naughty things they did that day or simply laugh them off (I could write a whole post or two just on what the boys have done since I've been on maternity leave).

But really, in a nut shell, this is me as a new Mommy for the 2nd time. I go back to work on the 27th and while I dread leaving my children and doing the whole 'working mom' thing, I am craving the adult interaction again. I don't plan on working my part time job for too much longer. I'm keeping my options open as to what I want to do about working full time. I'm to the point where I want to be with my kids but I want to work, too............when I sit down and really think about it, I think I want to stay with my kids MORE than I want adult interaction. We will see in the coming months how this will all unfold for me.

In the meantime, FOLLOW ME if you don't already and I promise I will be a little more exciting! :)

3 comments:

The Harrison's said...

Girl....I feel your pain. I had twins then 18 months later had another. It was entirely too much to go out of the house alone. I am just now (twins are 4 and youngest is 2) able to venture out alone. It WILL get easier. So stay in your jammies and play at the house!!! It is much safer.....LOL

Holly said...

I am glad someone can relate with me. Now if I can only find time to get back to the gym.............lol

Jodi said...

IF you want followers put your blog on blogher and you will have tons soon especially if you post alot