Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a year

As always, we end the year off with the boys birthday. Obviously not something we planned but on this day, 2 years ago, I went in for my normal NST in the morning and wanted chinese for lunch. Little did I know that a few hours later, I'd actually be HAVING my babies!

It went something like this..................I was with my Mom and Dad because my hubby had to work in the morning (I was on bedrest) and he isn't a fan of chinese so my parents and I were just going to go by ourselves and drop me off at home when we were done. There was snow on the ground = snow banks and the chinese place was on a busy street and a car was trying to get out so we had to wait to get in. 2 cars were behind us stopped and apparently the 3rd car wasn't paying attention and it turned into a 4 car fender bender.

Even though I was just at my doctor's and just had some minor lower back pain, they wanted me to go in. I, of course, sat in ER F.O.R.E.V.E.R and they paged my doc when I was done there and he wanted me to go up to L&D to have another NST. I went up there and the nurse checked after I got settled in the bed and was told news that would change my life: "Oh my, you are 4cm dilated. We need to prep you for your c-section within the hour".

Immediate shock came over me, then excitement and then worry. I was 36w and 4d. I made it to the point my doctor wanted me to. I had my c-section scheduled in just 2 short weeks but I guess these boys were coming early.


I was prepped and ready to go. First was Jaxson Joseph weighing in at 5lbs 10oz at 5:49pm.



Next in line was Twin B, Jayce Roger weighing 6lbs 2oz and also born at 5:49pm (Yes, they WERE born the same minute 40 seconds apart).



And just like that, in a matter of an hour, I was the mother of two boys. It was a blessing to have carried them so long and be as healthy as I could for them. Looks like my work paid off! No NICU time. I was in the hospital for 4 days and off we went to be a family!



It was a New Years Eve I will never forget and in turn, New Years Eve will never be the same. We will always have a birthday to celebrate and good stories to share. We even made it our own family tradition to have chinese on this day since that is where I was headed when I went into labor.

As my boys turn 2 this year, I look back at all the accomplishments they've made for being preemies. They were both sleeping by 3 months and 6 months respectively (not an accomplishment but wanted to throw that in there!), they were both walking by 11 months and now they are talking/babbling up a storm. They learn new words everyday and we are just working on putting them together.

2012 will be an equally rewarding year for the new addition of a baby brother/sister in July! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us but if it's anything like he's blessed us with so far, it'll be a great year!

Happy New Year!

No comments: